The Party Wall etc Act 1996 imposes various procedures to be followed when building on or in close proximity to a boundary or a neighbouring building.

Samways Surveying Ltd are able to assist you whether you are the building owner proposing to carry out the work or whether you are the adjoining owner and have received a Party Wall Notice.

We can also provide advice if you are concerned that your neighbour has commenced works without serving Notice under the Party Wall etc Act.

Our Party Wall services include:

Assesment of plans to determine whether the Party Wall etc Act 1996 will apply

Service of Notices

Responding to Party Wall Notices

Pre and Post construction Schedule of Condition

Preparation of Party Wall Awards 


We can also offer advice regarding rights of access and the preparation of Access / Scaffold Licences.